Thursday 22 September 2016

The ankle and knee were a little better today and after the drizzle cleared looked like it would be a nice day. Decided to get the but into town and then go up to the station and catch the bus to Filey. Waited in the pretty area near the station for the bus.
The bus trip was good, I thought I had been on the bus before, but maybe I went on the train, as I didn't remember going near the Blue Dolphin caravan park.  Filey had lots of interesting little shops, so great for ideas and just to see lots of different things. I wander near the cliff top as didn't feel up to the steep hill down and then up from the front.

I looked down the hill to the front, that's as near as I got!
Had to take a picture of what I think is the country's best police station.
The bus home must have been a very modern one as it had seat belts, the first time I have seen them on a regular bus.
Nearly forgot the highlight of the day, I got one of the new £5 notes in my change in one of the shops.
The bus was due back in town at the same time as the one back home was leaving from a different location. But the first bus was five minutes early so managed to catch the second one by the skin of my teeth. Have watch some 'House' this afternoon. Charlie had taken up residence on my bed, not so keen to be out all the time at the moment! The sky was pretty this evening.


2 comments:

  1. You and I went to Filey at some point, but I can't remember if I drove, or we went on the bus. We definitely went on the bus somewhere as I remember the very steep hills it had to climb up at walking pace! Maybe it was Whitby. You know what my memory, or lack of it is like! I know it wasn't a posh bus with seat belts, it was a rickety old thing with steamed up windows :-)
    Glad you got out, and from the looks of the pics it was a really nice day. Certainly
    looks bright.
    Not sure about the new fivers, they're quite nice, but feel a bit like toy money. I suppose before long they'll change all the notes to similar ones. I still think my favourite was the old ten shilling note, I really used to like them.
    Nice sunset again. I like the first shot, but then the second does have the aerial :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good to make the effort to get out of town. I am more used to the buses into town now so managed to do it without too much walking about. We definitely went to Whitby on the bus. I know you like to see the aerial in pictures!

      Delete