Wednesday 1 October 2014

Darren and I did some work in the garden this morning. Darren mowed the lawns and I hoed and weeded the beds. They are looking more like flower beds now and less like lumps of clay and dirt! I then took a walk into town to go and visit the Art Gallery, it was closed when I eventually found it the first time! A very nice little gallery, a room downstairs full of different paintings of Scarborough, mainly seascapes.

Upstairs there was a very good WW1 exhibition, but about how it was in Scarborough, with lots of local history. I really liked the funky chairs they had dotted about the place!
It was £3 to enter but you then have a yearly pass to visit the gallery and the Rotunda Museum for free for a year, now that has got to be good value. The view just along the road was good, you can just about make out the Valley Bridge, and beyond that the sea (maybe can't really see that).




4 comments:

  1. That looks a nice little gallery, and I love the chair................... where's my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought you would like the chair, going to make one?

      Delete
  2. Might make one another day............ now where's my woodworking list?

    :-)

    ReplyDelete