Wednesday 15 October 2014

A good day so far. The bird feeder stand is still standing, and the wind has eased right off. I had a meeting at 10 am with the lady who organises the craft groups at the community centre, she is lovely, and I will hopefully be starting on 5th November, but will go in beforehand to get prepared. There are other art/craft groups I can go along to and meet the volunteers who run them. There is a surplus of buttons in the store room so for starters my activity group will be called 'All buttoned up'. We will make simple gifts and cards but be using buttons somewhere..... Went out to lunch with Darren and did a bit of shopping then we went and collected my trolley. It is 1940s, so similar age to me and I just love it. I polished it.
Cut the inlays from the plastic coated table cover material to protect it.
Now it is in place with the microwave on it, and the door opens without me having to stand it on anything, so a success all round.
The weather is a bit grey today, but dry and quite warm. The people at church told Tina that the storms and wind the other night were unusually vicious, that's a relief!

2 comments:

  1. Love the trolley. Really smart!

    "All Buttoned Up With Jan's Christmas Crafts". Has a certain ring to it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guessed you would like the trolley as you love the old wooden furniture like me. I think the crafts will be fun.

      Delete