Tuesday 14 October 2014

The storms last night brought the bird feeder stand crashing down despite the paving slabs at the base. A fine mice in the garden! I decided not to try and rectify the situation until the wind settled a bit. I went into town late morning and got some plastic coated table covering to use on the trolley to protect the wood. I went off to give blood, and my iron levels were just high enough for me to be able to donate today. Must eat plenty of greens before my next appointment in February. I came home to a lovely surprise, Mike had bought some acrylic to make a pen to match my earrings and like magic it arrived today.

How fabulous is that? The wind has settled slightly so I have been out and tried to bed down the base of the feeder and put more weight on it as well. We have seen starling on there since it was back up as well of lots of sparrows of course. Fingers crossed it stays upright, although I think the crash has bent it a bit so it looks a little drunk!

4 comments:

  1. Wow!, how lovely. Such a cleaver man. We have had a lovely day today after a very wet one yesterday, no wind here tho.
    Hope all your efforts are successful with the bird stand. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hazel, not quite so windy tonight so fingers crossed. x

      Delete
  2. Hope the feeder stays upright. Maybe a wooden post concreted into the ground, and the bird feeder attached to that. See how it goes for now, and if it keeps falling over I'm sure Darren and I could do a bit of construction work on my next visit :-)

    Glad you liked the pen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think that the one next door maybe attached to the wall as it didn't blow over. We will see how it goes.

      Delete