Friday 24 October 2014

A couple of weeks ago I bought some soil improver and get around to distributing the whole sack full round the front garden this morning. It is very heavy clay so probably a couple more sacks would be good. I wrapped up my presents for the family in America and parcelled them up ready to send surface mail. So, took the trolley, went to the post office and then off to get some shopping in ready for Isobel coming to stay for a couple of days. Walking up Dean Road I passed this building, I think it is impressive and walk that way quite regularly. It is a social services place now but wonder if it was a school when it was built, something to find out!
Outside the supermarket were some berries, not seen a lot of colour this autumn so took a picture.
On the way back I took a picture of pretty little violets that just grow in the wall along the road.
Off to see The Eva Cassidy Story with Tina this evening at the Spa threatre, so looking forward to that.

6 comments:

  1. My first thought was school when I saw the photo.

    Did you have to dig in the soil improver or just spread it. If digging was involved you should have got the man of the house to do it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hoed the beds first and hoed the improver in, so not hard work! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a chocolate to me.

    I love Eva Cassidy and have a lot of her music. I'm sure you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, a good show, needed tissues at the end! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her music too hope you had a great evening xxx

    ReplyDelete