Sunday 26 February 2017

This morning I thought that I remembered where I had a plastic sheet of patchwork shapes from which you can make your own templates. I would usually cut them out with a ruler and a craft knife but as I was doing it sitting down today I did the best I could with scissors. I sorted out some odd materials I had kept, most of it I gave away to the community centre. 
When I had cut out enough templates I laid them out in a pattern and marked them so as I could try and keep to a planned pattern.
Then I had to cut the material big enough for a seam allowance and tack them onto the shapes, and then start hand sewing them together with tiny stitches! It is beginning to come together.
I have gone a bit further since that picture, but will post a picture of all the pieces sewn together tomorrow.
Tina made a lovely roast dinner this afternoon and they carried everything up here so that we could eat together again. She had made a microwave sponge pudding as well so very well fed now!!
It has been a good day, I have enjoyed designing and making an item, even though I had a limited choice of material and had to be careful cutting the templates, but got my brain working!!

2 comments:

  1. You have been a busy bee. That's good, it make the time pass quicker. The quilting is looking good, and considering you didn't have a lot of material it matches up well. I'll look forward to seeing stage 2 tomorrow :-)
    Your dinner sounded really nice. A roast and a sponge pudding is great at any time! They're spoiling you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, all in all a good day. Both of them at work tomorrow so will be home alone some of the time, but can do some more sewing or another puzzle.

    ReplyDelete