Tuesday 14 February 2017

I put the slow cooker on when I got up. was cooking casserole steak to make a pie later, along with lasagne and cottage pie. Then I caught the bus to the Sea Life Centre so that I could get my yearly pass. The tide was out when I got there but the picture was still colourless.
I went in the centre and renewed my pass and stayed to have a wander round. Love these crazy snail like creatures.
I always enjoy seeing the jellyfish.
It was quiet when I saw the otters today, a pity you have to take the photos through a screen.

They were looking a little bemused as the pool had been drained while it was being cleaned.

An attractive ray.
A small shark.
A beautiful seahorse.
In another seahorse aquarium there was a small suspended tank with minute baby seahorses that the assistant said had been born this morning! This next one is probably the best picture I have ever taken of one of the dragon seahorses.
This turtle was quite a character.
When I went out to catch the bus into town I just loved the light over the bay and really like this photo.
Called in to see Sandy at the studio, I was going to collect the pottery to paint while I am recovering but she said she would drop it off this evening. I walked home from there, had a bit of lunch and then spent the afternoon in the kitchen doing some batch baking for the freezer. Although in the end Darren and Tina had some of the pie for their dinner and will have the rest of it tomorrow.
Sandy called in this evening and saw my rooms for the first time, she hated the stairs but thought my sitting room is really cosy.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got your pass sorted out and spent a bit of time there. It'll be a few weeks before you get there again. Always lots of photo opportunities at that place, but difficult to get decent pictures in those dark tank rooms, so you did well with the seahorse. Love the picture of the sky you took on the way back, definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that one, may even get a print done. It is good to be able to go along there now and again.

    ReplyDelete