Thursday, 20 August 2026

Moncreiffe Island

 Darren had an appointment to get his car MOT done in Perth this morning. The garage is about a mile from the steps at the riverside that lead up to the train track/ walkway across the river to the island in the middle of the Tay river. Anya and I had walked over the path and looked down at the allotments on the island but we didn’t go down and explore. We had a couple of hours so made our way there. We had a walk and came to the golf course after passing the allotments. It is a truly amazing place, so quiet, like being in another world.






You could see the river very close from both sides of the golf course.





We went into the club house and had a drink ( not from the bar!). They have a cafe part as well and welcome visitors.




There was a gallery, well, the sign was still there, but it was closed. There was still this statue outside.
We passed a skate park on the way back to the garage, and the prison.




The car was waiting when we got back, so Darren settled up and we came home.
I haven’t done a great deal since, I did plant three ‘elephant ear’ cuttings that I brought back from the gardening group on Monday. I have had them in water and they look very sad, but hopefully they will liven up.
Have done more to the jigsaw and Darren and Tina have done some too, so the end is nigh!



2 comments:

  1. Not a bad day from the sounds of it. You and Darren are managing lots of little adventures. It’s good. I remember the pics you put on here before of the allotments on that island. It looks a great place altogether. So is the golf course on the island too? You do have some lovely places up there. I really like the tree that Darren is looking at. It’s enormous! It’s nice too that they are welcoming to visitors on the golf course and in the clubhouse. Places like that are usually hoity toity and discourage people who aren’t partaking of the golf.
    Some great pics from the day too.
    I’m sure the cuttings will liven up. You have the touch 😊
    Soon be time for another jigsaw. It was a slow job, but you all seem to have had a spurt. Easy one next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the golf course is huge, probably takes up over half of the island.
    It was a good outing and l imagine I will go back there again some time.
    There were some amazing trees. The golfers were friendly and were happy for us to wander, advising us to be careful.
    The plants should be okay, I won’t be too distressed if they aren’t though.
    We should have the puzzle finished soon, we have another one waiting in the wings.

    ReplyDelete