Friday, 7 August 2026

Sorting, weeding and evening walk

 My bedroom has become a bit of a dumping ground as I have stuff that hasn’t got a home. So I have tried to rethink it a bit and have decided on a few more things that can head there was to the charity shop.

This afternoon I went out to do some weeding on the area in front of the bungalow where the cars are parked. It is gravel but a lot of tufts of grass and weeds are appearing. I spent an hour or so but it was really making my hip hurt. In case you think I didn’t do much I added a pic of the full tub afterwards!


Tina had some Tesco points and kindly used them to get me some flowers. I enjoy getting them into a vase.
This evening Tina suggested going for a walk. We went to the higher car park at the Hermitage where the walks are through wooded areas. It was a nice walk, some quite steep parts though. We arrived at a folly, the sign was at the top but will add it first.






Resting now and have a program about Bob Dylan on the tv.

2 comments:

  1. The charity shops up there will love you as much as they did In Hornsea 🙂
    That is a big gravelled area. I don’t think I’ve seen a pic of the front like that. I would never think you hadn’t done much, as you nearly always do too much 😊 I can see the differences in the two pics. That’s a big old area to clear completely.
    Lovely bunch of flowers. Tina knows how much you enjoy them.
    That looks really nice where you went this evening. I like the set of steps with the rail. Great little folly. Your evening walks are definitely paying off.
    Resting with Bob Dylan is a good idea, he’s very laid back 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say if you haven’t used it or looked at it for a year you don’t need it!
    It is a big area, I think I pulled most of the bigger clumps up.
    Yes, the flowers are lovely, I am lucky that Tina gets them for me.
    The walk was a good test with the ups and downs and the folly was great. Good for a sketch methinks.

    ReplyDelete