Saturday, 1 August 2026

Trip to Perth

 I caught the train into Perth today, it only takes about twenty minutes, but the station is out of the city centre so there is walking involved too. I had a question about the new phone so Noel in Vodafone sorted that and I did some shopping. I got some greetings cards and a couple of jigsaws. 

I took some pics of posters about the bear trail. They are being auctioned off in September.

There were a couple of small ones in a shop window.


I had tried to remember the way back to the station, but managed to take a wrong road! The platform at platform 7is very low and the step up into the train was over a foot high. I had bags so couldn’t hold both rails and almost lost my balance, but thankfully didn’t fall backwards onto the ground!
When I got home mt second hand plant books had arrived.
The reason I wanted them is that I bought a plant journal that Sher has designed and I would like make the most of filling it in. I like my plants and do well with them, but I don’t know their botanical names and I do take short cuts with things like watering. I may record the bonsais in there too.
We have had dinner and I have a furry friend with me again. Suits me fine, not inclined to move a lot this evening.


2 comments:

  1. I’m sure you enjoyed your trip into Perth, but the extra twenty minute walk is a bit of a pain. It’s worth it in the end though if you managed to get all your little jobs done. The lad in Vodafone has been very helpful, hopefully he won’t move to somewhere else in the near future 🙂 I’m sure it won’t be long before the new jigsaws get put to use.
    I think the bear posters look really nice. Will you be tempted to put in a bid for one of them? Are they auctioning those small bears too?
    I’m pleased you didn’t fall backwards off the train too. You definitely don’t need any trips to the hospital in the near future!
    Oh, so that’s why you sent for the books. The plant journal looks really nice, and it’s great that Sher designed it. I’m sure you’ll enjoy keeping notes in that, and having a new regime for watering and looking after plants. You may think you take shortcuts, but most of your plants look extremely healthy, and over the years you’ve brought some near dead plants, back to life! So you must be doing something right 🙂
    Sounds like you’ve done enough for one day, so a bit of feet up time is in order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a good day, quite a few shops visited and beginning to know my way round the city.
    I have packed the last jigsaw away so that all is clear when I feel like starting the next one.
    I want to make the most of the journal so thought I would get a bit of info!

    ReplyDelete