Thursday, 6 August 2026

Fairly busy day

 For a couple of days there have been signs of nibbling in the cupboard under the sink! The nibbled items were bamboo cleaning cloths, but not droppings and no smell which was strange. But thinking it had to be a mouse I set a trap last night. First thing this morning I checked and there was a cute little mouse in the trap. It had eaten the bird seed and shot off under the bushes when I released it. I put a load of washing on and then completely cleared the cupboard under the sink. Surprising how many spare cleaning items we had! There were a few dropping near the trap and very few others, convincing me that the mouse was a visitor rather than a resident! I imagine it was taking soft stuff for a nest. There is a hole at the back of the cupboard where the pipes go. After I had sorted the washing out I went grocery shopping with Tina, but we went and had our free drinks at the garden centre on the way. I took a pic of this little bear before but both sides are completely different.

After lunch I walked up to the Birnam book shop, quite a small shop that opens four day so the week. Good variety of books but no prices which was an off putting. Then I went into the art centre to see the latest exhibition, I didn’t like the first artists work and the second set were clever but not reply to my taste.
I hadn’t been back long when I got a message to say that my prescription was ready so I walked into Dunkeld to collect it. No particular plans this evening but I did do a sketch with some new coloured fine tip pens.
Almost forgot to add the non raining view!



2 comments:

  1. Well at least the new mouse trap seems to work well. That twice it’s come up trumps now. Hopefully you won’t need it again too soon. They can get through such small openings that it’s virtually impossible to stop them completely. They are cute though and easily forgiven 🐭😊
    I think you did well to go to a garden centre and not buy plants! That doesn’t happen very often.
    I’m not keen on shops that don’t display prices. I always think it’s so they can make them up as they go along. If they think you look as though you have money they charge you more πŸ˜‚ It does put me off buying in places like that, so they must lose a little bit of trade.
    I didn’t like either of those artists work. Not my cup of tea either. I did like the third artist’s work though, a nice sketch 😊
    I like the last pic. I didn’t think it was ever going to stop raining up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like mice, I don’t see the need to kill them, hopefully that little one won’t be a homing mouse!
    We did look at the sale plants but nothing tempted us.
    It is interesting to look at the exhibitions, sometimes makes me feel,that I don’t do too badly.
    I get some use out of the new fine liners.

    ReplyDelete