Sunday, 30 August 2026

A bit of stamping

 This morning I thought I would use the stamps that I bought at the nest, the new ones weren’t in the box which is full so I spent about half an hour hunting them down. I stamped the squirrel and the flower first, on watercolour paper so that I could pint them rather than use felt pins which a too vivid. Got them painted before going out with Darren to take stuff to the tip and go for lunch. Tina was out for the day with her visitors.

It’s raining quite hard when we went out and the Tower dairy was very quiet that was a bonus. We had a toasted sandwich and then the special sundae, strawberry ice cream with lemon sause and honeycomb pieces topped with cream!
O sorted out three small stamps to make into cards before having a soggy walk into Dunkeld to see the last  concert of the festival. It was Colleen and Andrew who are our neighbours. Colleen is the singer who leads the song along sessions in the church during the winter.  I am not a huge opera fan but it was a very good concert, and it finished with songs I knew.
I got a lift home from the lady who has the amazing garden we went to see in May. 
Back hope I stamped three images, on watercolour paper again. I painted them and then made them into cards.
We had tea when Tina got home and I may do a bit to the embroidery when I have made another drink.


2 comments:

  1. I think the squirrel is brilliant. I really like that. It seems to work well using the watercolour paper as they all look so much more natural painted with watercolours.
    The ice cream does look nice. Darren is thinking, hurry up with that photo, I want to eat it 😂
    Glad you got to the last concert for now. I’m not a huge opera fan either, but I bet it sounded good. When do they start again? I assume they do?
    A normal day for you tomorrow. Us sassenachs down here get a bank holiday 😊 It’ll still be the same old day though.
    Hope the embroidery is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always enjoyed stamping, I have kept a few stamps and have some card blanks. Makes a change from trees!
    The first concert for next season is on 5th May.
    The embroidery is going slowly but I have done a few hours this week!

    ReplyDelete