Thursday, 27 August 2026

Window cleaning and a short walk

 I sent for a window cleaning kit a while ago but wanted to try cleaning the outside windows when it wasn’t sunny. I had cleaned inside a few days ago but it was outside that was well overdue for a clean! Especially nice in my sitting room as every day I am reminded how dirty it is! 

Tina had friends and her niece arriving today to stay locally for a few day. Her friends were coming on the train and Sandy, her niece drove up. They were all on target to arrive at roughly the same time but Tina then got a message to say that no trains were coming to Birnam for a while as there had been someone hit by a train and that affected the train timetable. So Tina went off to collect them from Perth station and we were here to welcome Sandy when she arrived. They had a look round the bungalow and Tina’s friends really liked my plant display which was nice. They went off for a wander round the village and a bit later I decided to walk into Dunkeld as days. It made me quite weary today, think I am a bit under par. I did take some pics of the bridge, I managed to fine a different spot that was not quite so masked by trees.


And some little toadstools amongst the grass and twigs.
I have done a bit to the embroidery since I got home and may do have posted this.
That’s about it today, Darren is out but I will watch Ludwig with Tina in a bit.

2 comments:

  1. My windows could do with cleaning, so next time you’re here ……..😊😊
    It’s nice to have guests occasionally. Shame the trains were disrupted today though.
    Your plant display is really nice, it’d be hard for anyone not to like it 🙂
    Hopefully you return to your normal stamina levels once you get a bit of rest. I know you’ve had a few easy days recently, but you obviously need more. You should take it easier!
    I really like the first bridge pic. It’s nice framed by the trees like that.
    I wish I knew the difference between all the toadstools and mushrooms, and which were poisonous. I’m always too scared to pick any, just in case!
    Enjoy your evening, and take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that first one I may try and do a painting of at home, we will see.
    I don’t have a net up at this window in my sitting room, partly I am not overlooked, but mainly to get as much light as possible in for the plants as it is quite a dark room. They are growing well at the moment but they haven’t been through a winter yet. May end up getting a day light bulb if necessary.
    I wouldn’t trust picking fungi even if I had a book with descriptions, poisonous one re really not good news!

    ReplyDelete