Wednesday, 26 August 2026

That’s more like it

 Mi started off fairly quiet again, few odd jobs and listening to the men cutting the yew trees in the churchyard back. Didn’t take. Before picture but they lopped bout two metres, which won’t affect my room but will make. Difference in the in sitting room.

Mid morning Tina took me to Williams house to see his garden and pick out some plants that we would like cuttings of. A lovely cottage garden that he has developed over many years. We had a cuppa with him and he gave me a few bits to bring home and will drop other cuttings off at a later date. After lunch I decided to do something about the small shed as I fight to find anything. I had already broken up lots of polystyrene and the huge box which the freezer had been in as they were next to the door. I had binned the polystyrene and needed the Stanley knife to break down the box as it was very sturdy.


The boxes have charity stuff in, I have them near the door now.
When I went out to the shed Pandora had been in the chair next to me, when I came back in she had settled in my chair!
As I will need to put the shrubs Willian brings for me I will need some bigger pots so Darren took me to Dobbies, we did have a cream scone before shopping! I wa going to get some weed trays as well but they only had the flimsy ones. I got three sizes of plastic flower pots and trays.
When we came back I got the bits I had brought back potted, and put some bulbs he gave me in the shed for now.
I ironed a few tee shirts this evening which were very creased. I will probably do a bit more to the embroidery this evening.
I will finish with three pics from Dollywood taken eleven years ago, Patty sent them to me today.




2 comments:

  1. Well you’ve not had too mad a day today. Almost an easy day for you!
    Two metres of tree is a big chunk. That should let a fair bit more light in. At least you didn’t have to do it.
    Cuttings are a good idea. It spreads things around and it’s cheaper than buying loads of plants elsewhere.
    You and Stanley knives aren’t a good match! I hope you got away with most of your fingers still attached 😳 The shed does a lot more organised though.
    I bet Darren didn’t need asking twice to go to Dobbies. He knows how good the scones are and how mum spoils him 😊
    The pics from Dollywood are lovely. It was so good that you got to go there. I know how much you wanted to do it 😊
    I hope hope you’re getting used to these “easy” days. You should have more of them 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers all in tact!
    William is going to dig up some shrubs so I will need to pot them for a while so we can decide where they will end up.
    We did look at mini greenhouses and cold frames, but they weren’t too substantial so will leave that for now. We are wondering how well the bonsai trees will cope with the Scottish winter.
    Getting to Dollywood and seeing the Smokey mountains was definitely great and I am glad I got to go there.

    ReplyDelete