Tuesday, 4 August 2026

That’s more like it!

 Yesterday evening I sorted out the edge pieces of the new jigsaw, only one piece left to find now!

I need a repeat prescription but I am not sure if the doctor actually put them on my file. It was raining but I wanted to go in person and not try to explain on the phone. The walk certainly made me remember I live in Scotland now, that is much more like it!




I went into Dunkeld after leaving as I had to re register for text messages when the prescription is prepared, they have a new system so everyone has to re register. I was truly soaking when I got home including splashed legs and wet shoes and socks!
As I am on a plant mission I decided to clean my two hydroponics. I do refresh the water occasionally but this time I tipped out all the stones and washed them and cleaned the marks off the vases. Hopefully they will pick up a bit now.


This afternoon I was taking the yellow pansy painting to Joan in Dunkeld. Darren gave me a lift into 
Dunkeld as it was still raining but I walked back. We had a nice chat and tea and cake and got to know each other a bit which was really nice.
I will finish with some photos sent by my friend Jean in Hornsea. She and Terry, her husband are both in their eighties and recently moved from their home of forty years which Jean especially found very stressful. At the weekend they went to a farm where you can pay to cut wild flowers. Lovely photos and they look so happy.



2 comments:

  1. There’s always one bit of the edge missing! Judging by the picture on the box it might not be as easy as you might think. Teamwork will sort it.
    Blimey that set of pics makes Scotland look a little different to what it has been like. But if you get a reasonable mixture of good and bad I think you’ll cope with it. Just don’t go out walking when it’s wet! It definitely sounds like you were the proverbial drowned rat by the time you got home. With the heat we have here at the moment it actually sounds quite nice getting wet, not too often though.
    You really are into your plants at the minute. The hydroponics look quite a bit healthier after a good clean out. Hopefully it’ll encourage them to have a good growth spurt 🙂
    Your afternoon with Joan sounded a really pleasant one. Hopefully you’ll get to do it again at some point. She sounds a nice woman.
    Poor Jean. Moving at any age is stressful as you are fully aware. Even worse when you’ve lived in the same house for forty years. I hope they’re managing to settle into their new place. Is it close to where they were? They do look happy in that photo 🙂 The flowers there look beautiful, and getting to pick them is great too. I think I’d quite like going there myself, and I’m not even a flowery person 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn’t mind getting wet really, it was very needed and being wet was better than being over heated!
    I am hoping the hydroponics will perk up a bit, time will tell.
    It was nice having a chat with someone different, and home made cake too, can’t be bad.
    I like there Boeing a jigsaw on the go and Darren does too and Pandora of course!

    ReplyDelete