Monday, 3 August 2026

Rain stops play

 I will start with a couple of photos from Tina. She and Darren walked up to the war memorial quite late yesterday evening and got a nice view of the sunset from up there.

This morning we had light rain but I got ready to go to the garden group anyway, I was just on my way when Moira, who runs the group phoned to say don’t come this week. I came home and spent a couple of hours firstly trying to identify my plants and then find their botanical names and families. I like plants but my knowledge of names etc is very scant! I will show pics of a couple of the pages to give you an idea of the journals layout.

Tina was doing a session this afternoon being on reception at the art exhibition so the three of us went and had lunch in Dunkeld then afterwards Tina and I could go to our appointments and Darren could head home. I had a bit longer before my group so I had another look round the art exhibition and browsed in some shops. I finished the embroidery I was doing last night and I took it along as people had shown an interest in it.
I took some patchwork to do today.
I went back to the art exhibition while Tina was finishing off. We had both really liked a photograph in the exhibition and decided to share the cost, so it will probably go in the kitchen.
It is still raining, but still very light. May have to get back to the plant books now!




2 comments:

  1. Tina’s pics are lovely. You’re all spoiled for photographic subjects.
    The journal looks really well laid out. You’re definitely going to enjoy using it, and you’ll get to learn new things about all your plants. I was going to say it’ll be like Kew gardens in there soon, but thinking about it, it already is 😊
    It’s really nice that all three of you can do things like lunch now Darren is available too.
    The embroidery looks lovely. Are you going to hang it somewhere? Ah patchwork now. I foresee some cushion covers on the horizon, or maybe something bigger?
    I like the photo you’ve bought. It actually looks a bit like a painting in that pic. The kitchen sounds like a good “joint” place to hang it.
    Back to the books is good. You’re always learning stuff that way. I hope you’re not like me as I forget what I’ve learned by the next day 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. The war memorial is quite high up, so a good place for sunset pics.
    I am enjoying the journal so far, but any more plants I will remember to keep the card with its name on!
    Not sure what to do with the embroidery, it may end up being a present.
    I only did a bit of patchwork so I had something to take. Sadly I have no stash of material any more!
    I thought the photo was a painting at first, we both love pictures with trees in, unlike drawing them!

    ReplyDelete