This morning I got some washing done, went across to the art centre to buy some fresh picked veg from ‘The Field’ volunteers and got dinner for 1pm as Darren was going out soon after five this evening.it was hot by Scottish standards and very humid, but I decided to go for a walk this afternoon. I went along the river path which is mostly shady and sat for a bit at the bench opposite the cathedral.
I walked a bit further to where there are two benches and sat there for a bit, I was beginning to flag with the humidity.Then I thought I would try to get down to that stony beach.
I had got down quite a steep drop and on the way back I wasn’t sure I could get up it as the pressure on the hip isn’t good! I found a sturdy tree branch to use as a stick and did manage to get up. Took this photo on the way back, still playing with using ‘portrait’ mode!I went through the community orchard to have a drink in Dunkeld and then back down to the river path to walk home. I was very weary, it was so humid my face was sweating, reminding me of the humidity in Ghana! So had a sit on the two benches en route and was very pleased to get indoors.
Watching some athletics with Tina, so that’s the evening sorted. I had thought of getting the bus to Aberfeldy tomorrow but it is about n hour and wouldn’t be much fun in a bus if the humidity is still high.









It sounds like you’ve done way more walking today than I have, and I was knackered after my endeavours as it’s been very hot here, not too humid though. You’re just totally mad doing all that walking in the heat, and worse still the humidity! I hope after all your efforts you at least sleep well tonight. You really should take the poles with you in future as broken tree branches aren’t always available 😊 If it reminded you of Ghana it must have been hot and humid.
ReplyDeleteAt least there are a few benches for you to use. They seem to be taking more of them away here rather than adding new ones. Several in town have vanished recently.
On the bright side you got some lovely pics again, so all was not lost, and you actually made it home which was good.
I’m not at all surprised you’re weary, and ruling out a bus trip tomorrow does sound a good decision. Maybe for once you could have a “lazy” day 😊
Well I am supposed to lose weight and exercise, like that will stop the arthritis getting worse! But not intending to do it again if it remains humid.
ReplyDeleteIt was nice getting onto the pebble beach as usually I am trying to take pics through or between trees.
If only being tired meant a good nights sleep, sometimes cannot stay wake in the day if I am watching tv and can’t stay asleep in bed!
I know exactly what you mean when you say about being sleepy during the day and not sleeping at night 🙁 Maybe tonight will be different 🤞
ReplyDelete