On Friday when we were in Blairgowrie I saw a book I liked, made a note of it and managed to get a second hand copy from Awesome books for just over three pound, postage free.
I got the steps put to clean the inside of my sitting room window but the outside is really dirty and as the floor in the bungalow is raised I won’t attempt the outside on steps so have ordered an extending pole cleaner for those.Late morning I went with Darren to Perth, he had a voucher to get money of fuel for the car at Tesco, we had a look in store while we were there. Then we went to Dobbies and had some lunch, sadly still no fish and chips! I bought some feed for the indoor plants, taking looking after them seriously, hopefully too much attention won’t finish them off! After that we went to B & Q where Darren looked at shelving and bought a tool box. I resisted buying a pineapple plant! While on there one of the staff was using the machine that let him get to the top shelves for reloading items on the shop floor, I said that must be fun!They also hd one of the mini bears there.
We detoured on the way home to have a scoop of ice cream at the dairy.I had been going to have a walk this afternoon but decided to phone a hearing clinic to see if they would take me on a a customer when my yearly hearing test is due. The number I phoned covered all their branches so the lady said she would contact the audiologist at the Stirling which is nearest for me to get to.
As she said she would phone back I didn’t go out, but she didn’t phone back today so hopefully I my her tomorrow.
So I went for a walk along the river path this evening. Sadly the ancient sycamore was taped off as one of the branches (more like a trunk) had broken, filled on the sign several feet away and demolished it. Very sad.
As I passed the bench I usually hve a rest on there was a robin on the back.It moved and I over zoomed but will put it on anyway.I walked along to the next two benches and managed to get down to the beach.
I had taken one of the walking poles with me to help me get back up from the beach!
As I had to go round the back of the ancient sycamore I sat on a low root for a selfie!
I will finish with a sketch I did this evening,













The book was a bargain for the price, especially with postage included. A bit of reading for when you’re bored.
ReplyDeleteGet a window cleaner, or get Darren to do them, it’s much safer and saves on hospital trips!
I wonder if you’ll ever get the bargain fish and chips from Dobbies? It’s not looking good. A ride out with Darren is always nice though. You did exceedingly well not to buy the pineapple plant. Although it would be something different. The Machine might have been good for the outside of you windows. More fun and safer than a stepladder.
I hope the hearing clinic get back to you and can fit you in.
That’s sad about the sycamore tree. With any luck the rest of it is still sturdy. It looks really nice down by the river. Well done for remembering the pole. Did it help? You look so small against that tree, it’s huge.
Nice sketch. You’ve not done one for a little while.
Quite a busy, but nice day for you.
No, I haven’t done a sketch for a while, don’t want to get out of the habit.
ReplyDeleteYes it was a nice day and hopefully I will hear about the hearing aids soon.
I love that tree so I really hope it will be okay. It will be quite a job clearing the branch away.
The pole did help, even with it I needed a couple of attempts!