Sunday, 16 August 2026

Makers market and bowls

 Today has been quiet, there was a Makers market in the arts centre today and I had it in my head it was from 10am. 

Went across with Darren and they were setting up as it started at eleven! We had a drink while we were there and then came home for a bit, returning at just after eleven. I didn’t buy anything although there were plenty of temptations!

I check the trees every day. The three saplings I potted a couple of months ago are all doing well. Sadly the Birnam oak still looks more dead than alive!

I went across to the Makers market again with Tina, this time I bought some nice blank inside cards.
Then I went down with Tina to watch the end of the bowls match.

Darren seems to be really enjoying it.
For a while we were buying frozen Yorkshire puddings but the last couple of weeks I have gone back to making them. Haven’t forgotten hoe!
Have done a bit to the jigsaw today but not enough to warrant a photo!
Watching the last evening of the athletics now.

2 comments:

  1. You’re not the only one that turns up early for things, I do it all the time 😊 I’m sure they secretly change the times just to fool us! Considering you had three trips there you were very conservative with your purchases.
    The saplings do look good. You definitely have a green thumb! There’s still time for the Birnam oak to pull round. It still has some green bits.
    Darren does seem like he’s getting into the bowls. He’s very quick at picking things up and getting good at them. I love watching bowls, but don’t think I’d be much good at playing it.
    That is a proper Yorkshire pudding! That’d be nice with a good dollop of stew in the middle of it. I’d enjoy that 😊
    Your day sounded quite a nice one. Not quite so hectic as some you’ve had of late.
    Enjoy the athletics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a pretty good day. I forgot to mention that I did do twenty minutes on the pedal machine so some exercise!
    There was lots of lovely stuff at makers market, but nothing I really needed!
    Darren is enjoying the bowls and they seem a nice group in the club.
    I am not overly hopeful for the oak, but will keep on caring for it!

    ReplyDelete