This morning I was up late, and then had an easy morning. After lunch I decided to try and get to the Loch of the Lowes, I tried once before when I got lost and did a mammoth walk but was put of by the steepness of the road out of Dunkeld followed by quite an arduous walk. But, with needing exercise and weight loss to kill or cure the hips I set off.
The road was at its steepest before the first photo of where I had walked and the second the next bit. Took it slowly and stopped to rest a couple of times.
Now photos of the walk and progress.Just liked the dead fern in the middle of the green ones (photos are an excuse to have a breather too!)
Still not high enough!
That one and the next one I could see glimpses of the loch, but still a good way to go. Then the two after that I was on the final quarter of a mile.
The osprey statue at the car park!I bought a cold drink in the visitor centre and let Tina know I had arrived. She asked if I wanted her to come and collect me and I said yes. I should have taken the walking poles as apart from the steep bits the path was often very rocky and uneven. The poles would have given me more confidence and take a bit of pressure off the knees and hips.
I went into the hide and saw the osprey chick, now almost full grown and the had a monocular telescope in position. Tina joined me in there so got to have a look too. A couple of shots from the hide.
To finish the Virginia creeper I bought a few months ago is climbing up the wall next to Tina’s office door has taken well nd should look splendid in the autumn.




















After an easy morning you should have stuck with it and had an easy afternoon! An arduous walk is making it sound good! Judging by the steepness in those pics, I’d have thought twice about doing it. The walking poles may have helped, or even a stretcher!๐ You’re mad.
ReplyDeleteI have to say it does look beautiful up there, so worth the effort I suppose. The distant scenery shots are really good. I particularly like the one with the stone wall in the foreground and the fields and hills in the background with the lovely blue sky. It was worth the effort just for that one.
I do understand why you wanted to go up there, but thankfully SuperRev saved the day and brought you back ๐
That jigsaw is definitely a slow one.
The creeper does look nice. Before you know it the whole house will be covered!
I am pleased I eventually got there. As the legs have been worse and now the hips I was beginning to think I would never manage it.
ReplyDeleteIt certainly is nice to see the views when you have made it that far.
When I attempt it again I will let you know if the walking poles help.
The jigsaw is surprisingly tricky, and we haven’t spent as much time on it so far.
I love Virginia creeper so happy.it has taken so well.