Saturday, 15 August 2026

Indoor and outdoor gardening

 It has been a stay at home day today, haven’t even been to the local shop. I spent all morning getting all the indoor plants watered individually in a tray of water, in fact the final one is drinking as I write! I also did some rearranging and had to take down the ornamental bird cage I had to free up another stand! I don’t want to part with it so at the moment if is on the floor near the pants at least two need repotting but that is a job for another day.

I did have plants on the closed gate leg table but now there is space I have the house plant books and the journal on there.
This afternoon I weeded the long flowerbed and the square one as they had become quite overgrown and trimming and dead heading needed doing now. Didn’t take a photo but t looks a lot tidier. After dinner I went out and watered before coming in to settle down and watch the European athletics. We have both done some jigsaw today so slow progress is being made.
I imagine I will venture away from the bungalow tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. A stay at home day is quite nice every now and then. Getting out and about is good, a day of rest is also good 😊 It does sound as though you’ve kept busy and done some good jobs. Kew lounge looks lovely as usually. It’s good that you can click on the blog pics and get the full resolution image, as you can zoom in a see the plants really well. They look good.
    Talking of the book table, how’s the journal doing, have you done much more in it?
    Hopefully it was a little cooler in the garden for you today.
    The puzzle is coming on. There’s no rush. I would think it’s quite nice just slip a couple of bits in every now and then.
    I’m sure you venture further afield tomorrow, but hopefully not too much hill climbing 😊
    Enjoy the athletics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plants are all healthy at the moe t so I do something right. I have added some more comments to the journaling fact Sher asked me to send some picks to put on her shop website to encourage other people to buy one.
    I haven’t dug any new areas in the garden for a while, but am trying to keep what I have done reasonably weed free.
    Yes, nice to dip into the jigsaw now and again.

    ReplyDelete