This morning I went along to the are near the surgery that we started tidying last Monday I readiness for the Birnam games. Apparently thousands of people descend on the village. I carried on where I left off last week, I took an edging tool with me today. I took a couple of photos, one where I hd started md one where I wa going next.
One of the other volunteers worked with me, she did the kneeling and I did most of the edging and digging. A photo of one side of the bed, we actually did the other side as well. I worked for a good hour and a half and it was quite hot.I walked home very slowly and was thinking I may not go into Dunkeld for the knit and natter group, but after lunch and cooling down a bit I did go along to it. I did a bit to the embroidery, it is going to be a long time before it is finished.I walked back with a couple of other ladies.Before I went out this morning and since I have been home this afternoon I have been feeding all the house plants one at a time. I never feed the plants so hopefully I won’t kill them all off!
I have watered the garden and taken the bins out.
Darren and Tina went for a walk and went to a high spot I hope to get to some time. Tina took some photos.




I bet you were shattered after doing an hour and a half at that. Especially in the sunshine. It looks so much better than it did though. Nice and neat for the games. It sounds a very popular event, so hopefully a lot of people will appreciate the effort that has gone into it.
ReplyDeleteI can’t say I’m surprised you contemplated not going out again in the afternoon. But it’s good you made it. Looks like you have to go to quite a few more sessions to get the embroidery finished! It’ll look good though.
I’m sure the house plants will survive being fed, in fact they’ll probably be like triffids by the morning 😂
I love that first pic of Tinas. What is the thing Darren is looking at in the seconds pic? Looks like a covered seating area….I think.
I am not sure what the structure is, I will try to find out.
ReplyDeleteI really did look good round that flowerbed, a great joint effort.
The embroidery will take a while, and the bits round the flowers will be extra tricky!
Yes, I am sure the houseplants will be okay, but not have too much of a growth spurt!