Monday, 17 August 2026

Group day

 This morning the garden group were meeting at the green near the doctors surgery and not at St Ninians garden. They wanted to tidy up the large flowerbed on the green before the Birnam games in a couple of weeks. i got there fairly early and said I would use the fork to dig the long grass away to make an edge for the bed. The council mow the lawn but don’t get to the edges so the grass had grown long and yu couldn’t actually see where the bed started. I was probably digging for about an hour and an half and you can certainly see where the bed is even though it could be tidier!

The ground was very hard and dry, and we have had a little rain but it hasn’t made much difference.
I was weary when I walked home, good excuse to take a break and take a photo of the progress at the Birnam hotel.
I had a rest and decided I would walk back and go to the afternoon group. I did a little more to the new embroidery.
Tina had been on reception for the art exhibition in Dunkeld so we walked back home together.
Quite enough hip exercise today, have done a little more to the embroidery.


2 comments:

  1. A change is as good as a rest as they say. So a different bit of gardening made a change. Sounds like it was much harder work than your normal routine job. It looks a lot better than it did though. Definitely a lot of hip exercise, probably too much!
    I assume that’s just a wall at the hotel, and not part of a new structure. Looks a nice bit of stonework.
    The new embroidery is very cute. That’s a very fancy dustpan and brush! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. It did make a change and I met a couple of people that are in the team that work in an area in Birnam usually. The two groups get together if there is a big project. The dry stone wall has been behind fencing but they are getting nearer completion now, it was fascinating watching the lads building the wall.
    This new embroidery is going to take a while!

    ReplyDelete