Monday is garden group and knit and natter group. I usually stay in Dunkeld between the two groups but today I decided to come home, get changed and walk back again. I took this photo on the way this morning to try and get the reflections.
At St Ninians today I dead headed the roses and then weeded and swept the arched walkway, which has become my area to keep tidy. Only three of us today, and Moira, who runs the group had to leave early as she had been called to do jury service. When I was walking home I took this photo of the ancient sycamores trunk as I think it looks like a face!I walked back for the craft group and took my new embroidery. Well, new to me, I bought it at The Nest at a very reasonable price. It is sort of sewing by numbers, and there are a lot of numbers! Some artistic license may come into play, either way it is going to take a while. A photo of the kit and another of my start.I was feeling a bit weary walking home, it was quite hot as well. I took this photo as I thought the white butterflies in the lavender was pretty.We have had dinner and I have just been out watering the plants. May do a bit of embroidery!




Did you feel worn out after walking there and back twice, or is it going to be a regular routine now?
ReplyDeleteYou must be fitting in to the group if you’ve got a regular job now. Or does no one else like doing that bit? 😊
The sycamore does look like face. Reminds me of Dennis Healey with the big eyebrows 🙂
You never pick anything easy to do. The new embroidery looks very complicated. Should keep you amused for a few months though!
I’ve been seeing more white butterflies around here lately. Only the white ones though. The pretty coloured ones seem very few and far between ☹️
Enjoy the rest of your evening.
I think it was partly heat and partly doing something reasonably physical before walking back, but I intend to keep coming home so that I can freshen up for the second group.
ReplyDeleteI quite like clearing that area so I think they are happy for me to take it on.
The embroidery is quite complex, so a challenge!
I have seen a few coloured butterflies, but not many.