Thursday, 23 July 2026

This and that

 We have had a small rotary dryer for some time but not really a good place to have it so it sits in the shed. So it’s either trying to dry bedding over the airer or the laundry. As mine is a single bed and it was a nice day I had the bottom sheet over the airer and the quilt cover on another airer outside and it has dried beautiful and is nice  and fresh.

Tina had mentioned that volunteers sell veg and fruit from The Field outside the Arts Centre on a Thursday at 10am. I went across for ten and people were walking away with their purchases. Obviously they get there earlier and the locals know! I will be across there earlier next week. Did get some courgettes, runner beans and some rocket for £3.
Some flowers arrived for me today with no message, but it didn’t take much working out they were from Tina. Very pretty.
I am only making two Christmas cakes this year, but as we are not near a large supermarket I ordered ingredients from Grape Tree. Got some snack to get to the free postage and got these, never seen them before, they are very tasty and the flavour not too strong.
Had a lovely video chat with Sher today and mentioned the plant in the kitchen which needs repotting. She agreed so I now have it in a larger pot.
I did a sketch of the plant, not from the photo!
I should go for a walk but it is very hot and my ankles are quite swollen so will settle for watering our garden and the church pots and flowerbed later.

6 comments:

  1. Washing always smells and feels better dried outside.
    You'll definitely have to go early next time for the veg. What you did get looks nice. Looks like there could be a courgette soupy thing on the way πŸ™‚
    Nice flower and a nice thought from Tina. Are they for looking after Darren while she's away? πŸ™‚
    I like the sound of the wasabi cashews. Just the right combination for me.
    I bet it's a lot easier to sketch from the real thing rather than a pic. Either way I like it.
    By the time you've done all that watering it's the equivalent of a walk anyway. Put you feet up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, definitely will try to get more choice of veggies next week.
    We have done. Bit of jigsaw today so maybe I will take a photo tomorrow.
    Maybe for looking after Darren and watering the church plants, she knows I like fresh flowers.
    I really like wasabi flavoured snacks which is odd s I don’t really like hot, spicy food. Trying not to eat too many!
    Watering done now so feet up for a while before retiring,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something like that Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you on here πŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best way to find out what’s happening when I can’t speak to you!

      Delete
  5. Something like that, Mike!

    ReplyDelete