Tuesday, 21 July 2026

Quite a day

 Well, the mundane stuff was some household chores and doing some washing. We have to take the bins to the end of the road and with other bins and although it has worn off so we are not sure if we are taking ours. I have some little tins of model paint and went out to write Rectory on them. 

That done I went in with the paint and decided to try and clean the top of the tin before putting the lid back. Tipped the tin too far and had paint all over my hands and on the carpet! I cupped my hands, still holding the tin and got to the kitchen, shouting for help as I went! I managed not to drip any more paint and once Tina had provided kitchen roll to remove the worst of the paint I washed my hands with turps! That work, but although Darren tried to lift some of the paint from the carpet that didn’t do so well.
This afternoon I went shopping with Tina, as we turned onto the main road through the village we knew something was amiss as there was a constant stream of traffic from the A9. We couldn’t turn round so we changed from going to Perth and get off the A9 and go to Blairgowrie. Shopping was fine and the journey back not too bad until we got to Dunkeld which wa gridlocked. A very narrow Main Street and bridge and traffic everywhere. We were pretty much stationary for about twenty minutes. Apparently a roadworks vehicle had broken down on the A9 and wasn’t cleared for over five hours. It is a very busy road and hard to cross at the best of times.
This evening I decided to find the edge pieces of the latest jigsaw. Ended up spending longer at that than I intended. Almost done but about three pieces missing ( not really missing, just not found!)
I went round to the church with Tina as she has been asked to water the tubs and a bed for a week but she is off on a training course in Wales tomorrow. Then I watered our garden, did get Tina to take a photo of me watering the hanging baskets.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear. I hate days that start with disasters like that! It always starts with good intentions and goes downhill rapidly. Do you think you’ll get more of the paint out the carpet over time? You did well to cup your hands quickly and stop more damage. But then you can’t do anything other than yell for help 😊 It’s a good job someone else was there otherwise you’d have been buggered!
    After all that getting stuck in traffic must have just finished it off for you. At least the watering contraption works. Can you not screw a bigger pop bottle onto it so you don’t have to fill it as many times?
    Hopefully tonight is good, and tomorrow is a much better day 🤞🤞

    ReplyDelete
  2. A day best forgotten I think. I don’t think much can be done with the carpet, better get able to use a bigger bottle, will see if we have anything that fits.

    ReplyDelete