Wednesday, 29 July 2026

Welcome rain

 It is dry as I write this but we have had quite a lot of rain, light or steady rather than heavy, but it has caused puddles as the ground is so hard and dry. I have been to the shop a couple of times but didn’t go for a walk in the end. The second cake is cooked, cooled and wrapped. We have worked on and finished the jigsaw except two pieces were missing. I did find one under the rug. It could have been more as a couple of days ago something startled Pandora and she bolted , landed on a box with pieces in and they ended up on the floor!

As it wasn’t walking weather and I wasn’t in a housework mood ( never am really) so I dig out some craft stamps and made some cards. Colouring the toadstools with pencils didn’t work well as the card was shiny.
So a short entry today, maybe more to say tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. A reasonably quiet day for you today. It's good you have the cakes cooked and ready for a bit of feeding. Even feeding two cakes will be so much easier than dozens πŸ™‚
    You're lucky to have had some rain. It's been very warm here again. No sign of rain yet. As for not doing housework, join the club. I can't be arsed either πŸ™‚
    The toadstool cards look alright in the pic. I've not heard you mention stamping for a ages. Is that the first time you've done some in a while?
    I hope it doesn't rain all day for you tomorrow so you can get out for a walk. You'll have more pics and more to talk about πŸ™‚

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I haven’t done any stamping for a while, when I was getting rid of stuff before the move I kept a few that I really liked. I have still got a few card blanks.
    The weekly cake feeding will certainly be a lot quicker this year!

    ReplyDelete