Monday, 20 July 2026

Gardening and nattering

 I had almost finished the jigsaw yesterday evening and did finish it this morning with Darren. We are glad that one is finished! I got another one out of the library at the weekend so will start that soon.

Monday is Dunkeld day, gardening at St Ninian’s in the morning and knit and natter in the afternoons. I cleared along a walkway today and deheaded the hanging baskets. After a tea break I did some weeding.
I went into the cathedral ground at lunch time and did a sketch from a bench which was in the shade, it has been very hot and humid again today.
I walked there and back along the river path which is mostly shady. Tina had to go to Strathtay for a meeting and I went along to see what it is like. A lot of steps up to the church!



Tina had parked outside the post office, quite a few villages up here have still got post offices, and this was a very small place.
I did have a walk through the village, some very imposing properties but this one I think was some sort of gatehouse.

I found the parish church which was a pretty little building with an attractive entrance.


Have now watered the garden and sitting with my feet up. Pandora has decided to sleep on the chair next to me tonight, I think she is feeling over heated as well!

2 comments:

  1. That’s a nice looking jigsaw, but it has been a stinker. I was thinking the next one will be easier, but the more I look at the less I’m thinking it 😊
    The walkway is lovely. Quite a nice place to garden I suppose. Did you not go to the session this afternoon?
    Another nice sketch. Even just looking at that, I’m amazed by the stunning views you have. It’s all so different to what I’ve always been used. I was thinking that being around my way all my life has been quite a waste really, as I’ve missed out on a lot of different things. Too late to do a lot about it now sadly.
    Blimey, that is a lot of steps up to that church. I suppose it’s another test from above to see how determined his followers are 😊
    The pics are cracking again this evening. There are some that would make great postcards. The parish church looks really quaint in the pic. I’d happily live in any of those little places around and about. You’re very lucky.
    You deserve a bit of feet up time after a reasonably full day. Hope you’ll sleep well later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did go to the afternoon session, just carried on with my embroidery and listened to the chatter.
    St Ninians is a lovely space so it is nice to help maintain it.
    A lot of trees in the sketch again, getting used to trying to draw them!
    Strathtay is a pretty village, it was somewhere different to take pictures.

    ReplyDelete