A bit of a strange day, when I arrived t St Ninians to do some gardening there was nobody there although the shed was open. There were two heathers with a note saying plant them please, but no idea as to where.
I tried digging in a couple of places but the ground was like a rock, so started doing a bit of weeding. A lady walked through the garden and I said hello, she said there were lots of gardeners up near the north car park. I walked up there and both groups were together clearing and then putting new gravel down. People shovelling and using wheelbarrows to cover the area. Someone put me on weeding the original gravel, but I would have been better at shovelling as bending is difficult. So I went back to the garden ns managed to get the heathers in and another lady turned up so we started weeding the paving.
I had taken my sketch book and wandered around but couldn’t get inspired. I took some photos in the cathedral grounds.
I did go in and look at the Dunkeld art exhibition. It raises money for the cathedral. An interesting set up, not a competition but a sale. Every painting is up for sale and the artists receive 75% of the price tag. I will probably enter something next year. I think you have to pay £10 per entry to get them displayed.





When you’re a gardener you’re supposed to be partially clairvoyant too, that way you know where people want things planted 😊 I wouldn’t want to be gardening at the best of times, let alone after all the hot weather we’ve had lately. I can imagine how hard the ground was. I think I’d have preferred shovelling gravel too. The things you do. Why don’t you find things to occupy you that are simple and easy 😂
ReplyDeleteEven if you weren’t inspired to sketch, you certainly took some nice pics again. The sky always seems so interesting up there, whereas down here it’s pretty bland most of the time.
The exhibition sounds interesting. I suppose it’s a good way for them to make some money and if you sell your art for the right price you could make a few bob too after the deductions!
I like the sycamore, it’s a gnarly old thing. Bit like me I suppose!
Shame you didn’t get your ice cream, even worse having Tina send you a pic of hers 😊
Moira, who leads the group did email but I didn’t get it as she had sent it to jane rather than jan.
ReplyDeleteIt was quite hot here today Nana is due to get hotter, so the ground isn’t going to get easier to plant in anytime soon!
The art exhibition gave me confidence that anything I entered would not be out of place.
I am sure we will get an ice cream another day!