Saturday, 25 July 2026

A more energetic day

 I was up later today and had an easy start to the day, bit of pottering and jigsaw. Just before lunch time Darren moved this massive gate so I could clear behind it. I don’t know how he carried it, I started trying to help and could hardly get my end off the ground!

This is what it was like behind it.
He had to manoeuvre it round the hydrangea, which is in beautiful flower now.
The side of the bungalow looks tidier now.
I have two sunflower plants in a pot, they won’t get very big as they are in a small pot, but I have nowhere in the green for them. They were on a table but I have put the pot against the wall now as there is a bolt in the wall which I can use to support them if necessary.
After the family call I decided to try and walk to The Hermitage,  I haven’t been on any longer walks for a while, partly pin nd Hartley het and being tired. The Easter levels re low, these photos are from the underpass.
Took this one from Inver bridge.
And this is the food kiosk at The Hermitage.
It seemed a long walk up to the waterfall, which want as lively as usual.
I took this picture to maybe draw at home, the rocks just stood out and it seemed a good angle.
I had my small sketchbook and a pen with me. Shouldn’t really put the two together but a sketch isn’t a photo.
Took these flowers on the walk home.
I was exhausted when I got back, it was still hot and I am unfit! Have the watering to do now!
Will finish with two pics from Tina in Wales.












2 comments:

  1. Poor Darren, I bet he regrets being home most of the time now 😊 Those gates are quite heavy so I bet he really enjoyed that. Well worth a cake 😂 It does look a lot better now you’ve been able to get to it. The sunflowers should be ok against that wall. Ideal it there’s something to tie them too. Slightly shorter ones will be easier to admire. You won’t get a crick in the neck looking up at them!
    Lovely pics of the water. I particularly like the first one from that low angle. Very nice. The flow on the waterfall is a little different from the pics I usually see of it. But it makes for a different pic.
    I quite like the fact you’ve put the pic and the sketch both on here. Looks very good to me, including the artistic license of removing some branches so the bridge stands out.
    I’m not surprised you were exhausted. I don’t think your that unfit, you just do too much……..never going to change 😂
    Tina’s pics are nice too. Looks very tranquil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention that I did go round and hoe the church flowerbed this morning, but it isn’t very big. I have watered the church flower bed and pots this evening, I think that is the last time I need to.
    That gate was ridiculously heavy, good job there is a strong man in the house. It was good to get that side cleared.
    I reckon it’s a good two miles up to the waterfall, so not a long walk for some folk but it is for me, and going it is predominantly uphill. I had lost confidence a bit so although I was tired I wa pleased that I got there and back.

    ReplyDelete