Monday 13 August 2018

Goodbye for now.

I have been writing the blog now for over four years and at the moment I have decided to take a rest from it. I am sure I will miss it and return at some point and I will still be taking photos.
On Saturday I was going to Peterborough to stay for a couple of nights and planned to see my brother again on Sunday. I really like th shopping mall by Doncaster station, very modern and a good food hall, I r ally must go there for a good look round one day.
That was the entrance, very attractive.
I booked in at the hotel and then Anya and Louis collected me to go and see Isobel in a production at the Key theatre, they manage to get an extra ticket for me. There were four acts with different children, Isobel did well and remember her line. While she was at the after party Anya, Louis, Louis’s par not and I all went and had q very nice meal at the Grain Barge, a Chinese restaurant very near the theatre. Louis went to collect Isobel and she came and sat with us while we finished our meal.
When I got back to the hotel I realised that my rash had flared up a bit again, that was a worry as I was due to visit my brother who is poorly. Never done this before, but couldn’t sleep and ended up catching a taxi to Casualty just after 5.30 am! Not busy and the nurse was lovely, she said I have a mild dose of chickenpox. Went for a walk when I got back to the hotel, Lincoln road was uncommonly void of traffic!
I had walked to a flyover so that is why the road is at that angle. After that a change of plans, no visiting and Anya bought me home early.
Today I have made the first batch of Christmas cakes, will make three more tomorrow.
I have done a bit of planting and watering this evening, the rain is still avoiding Hornsea.
I will say cheerio for now and hopefully will get back to blogging again before too long.








2 comments:

  1. I certainly hope you do get back to doing the blog. It’ll seem odd not visiting it of an evening. I know you’ll still take lots of pics, and I’m sure I’ll get to see lots, but after 4 years it’ll be sad to see it go, even on a temporary basis.
    It was a shame your trip to Peterborough was curtailed, but better that than passing your spots onto anyone else. We’ll have to go out for a meal next time you’re down here. A trip to Ibrihimis would be good as we used to go regularly at one point, and I’ve not been for ages. I’ll look forward to it. Talking of meals, I’ve never been to the Grain Barge in all the years it’s been there. Maybe one day I should make the effort and have a visit.
    Glad to hear Isobel’s performance went well. I did get a preview when she visited on my birthday.
    The cakes look good as usual. I’m definitely looking forward to mine at Christmas. I know I’ve gone for a smaller one this year, but once I start eating it I can’t stop! I’ve got the willpower of lamppost.
    Don’t leave it too long before you get back on here again. I’ll miss it, and I’m sure others will too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A meal out one weekend visit will be good.
    The cakes will improve its age now, hopefully.
    Will seem strange not doing the blog but a change is as good as a rest as they say.

    ReplyDelete