Thursday 2 August 2018

East Park

This morning Tina dropped me off at Freeport wher I called in to see the ladies at the craft outlet. Tina was collecting m after her meeting as she was due to go in and make a recording for ‘Thought for the day’, Radio Hungerside style. It will be broadcast early on Monday morning. I was having a lift into town and being dropped off near East Park as I have been meaning to go there for a while. I was near The Mill which is now the site of a pub.
Then walked into the very large and really lovely park. It was getting hot so went to find the cafe for a drink. A ne building with fountains outside. Very reasonable prices and the place was extremely busy.
Lovely large park, plenty of green areas, and as I found out later plenty of other attractions as well.
There was a walled area to walk through, I went under and on top of the little bridge.
There were donkey rides and I was really pleased to see that it was a set, shaded area and the donkeys had arrived in a horse box rather than having to walk miles in the heat.
There was a huge play park area and another sections with inflatables a bit like a mini fair. Then I got to the lakes and there was a water chute. Also rowing boats and swan boats and another lake for fishing.
As I made my way out through a different exit I spotted this shop.
As I was walking along Holderness Road I spotted these great pallet benches at a pub.
It had turned into a very hot day and the road was really long, in fact by the time I reached Boyes shop I had already done my 10,000 steps. I was over heated so had a drink before catching the bus into the city centre. The bus went into the centre a different way and I saw the council offices, a lovely building.
I went in a few shops and then made my way to the bus station. Major road work going on and when I took a photo a man said ‘smile’ , so took a photo of him as well. He said that it was major new electric cables being laid.
Bus home and the usual chores. May do a bit of crafting if I can find the energy!





























4 comments:

  1. I had it in my head that the revs Thought For The Day had been on the other night, but now I realised you were treated to a live practice version. I’ll try my best to remember to look out for the real thing on the iplayer after Monday.
    What a nice trip you had. May have been a bit hot but the scenery was great. Such a lovely looking park, and plenty to do there. Extremely green too considering the dry weather we’ve had.
    Really like those pallet benches you spotted too. Would be nice in your walled garden with a couple of custom made cushions.
    Trust you to flirt with the workman. He does have a nice smile though :-)

    ReplyDelete

  2. They like her so she is recording another one next month, looks like she may be a regular now.
    I will go to the park another time, after the heatwave has left us!
    They had custom made cushions that the lady was putting out when I went by, great recycling I think.
    Very nice smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s good news. First radio humberside, then radio 4, then bbctv....... There’ll be no stopping her :-)
    If you’re reading this Rev, I look forward to hearing it.

    ReplyDelete