Saturday, 26 September 2026

Workshop nd Strictly

 Did a bit more jigsaw with Darren before going off to the workshop. A longer one today with a lunch break. It was a mixed media workshop with a nature theme. A good tutor who did demonstrations as we progressed. We could pick a photo to use for colour ideas, not to copy, when I had painted mine she suggested making a couple of areas darker, which I did.

Then we had to draw ideas of where we wanted to add collage pieces, there was a variety of papers to select from. After that we could draw or use pastels or pens to finish off. Really interesting but limited by the choice of papers as there wasn’t a great amount of greens.
It was enjoyable and a nice crowd and friendly instructor.
Luckily the hip was a bit easier today which was a bonus. When we were having the family call the doorbell went, Darren nd Tina went to the door and took in my package, they had to be 18 because it was deemed a ‘bladed article’! You would definitely have a task on your hands to stab anybody with it!


Better get a cupboard with a lock on it!
Have just watched Strictly, a two and a half hour marathon. Some good dancing but not warming to the presenters yet.

2 comments:

  1. Glad the hip didn’t stop you getting to the workshop. I quite like the finished result. Quite a different sort of project. You do manage to do some interesting workshops.
    The trowel situation is quite funny. How stupid the world is getting with safety. We are mollycoddled like two year olds 😊 Just don’t cut your fingers on it 😂
    I don’t think you’re the only one not warming to the new presenters. I can’t see them lasting long. I’ve not watched it, but I’ve read a lot of reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was interesting and something different, probably won’t do any more, but I enjoyed the workshop.
    Couldn’t believe the delivery.
    I will keep watching Strictly, for now anyway.

    ReplyDelete