Monday, 7 September 2026

Garden group and embroidery

 Group day today, I walked into Dunkeld long the river path today as I left in good time. More fungi lodging in a tree.

However many times I go up these steps to the bridge, the thought of them still makes me bit anxious!
I did tidying along the walkway and then swept up the leaves around all the benches and removed some weeds form the pavers. It rained briefly when we stopped for a drink but it was dry when I walked home. The bending had made my hip sore so I was undecided to whether I would go back into Dunkeld for the knit and natter group. Tina had lunch waiting when I got home which was great. After a rest I got changed and did make my way back to Dunkeld but via the arts centre where I managed to book the last place on a life drawing class on Saturday. It will not have a tutor and I will take my easel and a board as there will be a limited number of them.
The afternoon group was fine, everybody else just knit or come for the cuppa and chat so my embroidery has got them interested which is nice. I have never used the stitch before but I like the effect as do the other ladies. I had walked in through the village but as I could take my time walked back along the river paths again.
I think the hip has hd enough exercise today so m doing a bit more to the slow growing embroidery.




2 comments:

  1. Love the fungi in the tree. I don’t know why, but I just think they all look nice, especially when they grow on something else like the tree.
    Those steps would make me anxious! They haven’t got a lot going for them. They’re quite a big step, they’re uneven and knurly and they look sharp if you slipped on them……….not wishing to put you off 😊
    The gardening is tiring, especially after walking there in the first place. Definitely nice to get home to find lunch waiting for you. You did well to make it back to the afternoon knit and natter. I’d have put my feet up and had a snooze 😴 Your embroidery does look nice, so I’m not surprised the others are showing an interest in it.
    I’ll look forward to seeing the results from your life drawing class. I have the result of one you did years ago hanging on the wall in front of me now 😊
    I hope the hip doesn’t make you suffer tomorrow 🀞🀞

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had forgotten you had that drawing, that was one of the best ones I did, got a bit rusty since then!
    It is really frustrating that I can’t kneel and is now also very painful when I bend down to the floor, very frustrating getting older and arthiticky as in my mind I can still do it all! But I do what I can and like the fact I help keep such a lovely garden welcoming.
    Thos steps are also quite narrow, I go up and down them VERY carefully.
    I am quite enjoying the embroidery and a bonus that it gets me talking to the other ladies more.

    ReplyDelete