Saturday, 12 September 2026

Life drawing and a leisurely walk

 I didn’t have a good night and wasn’t really in the mood for the life drawing workshop, but did go and I enjoyed it. We started with 5 minute sketches, then ten minutes and a a couple a bit longer. He was obviously an experienced model and when the timer went immediately took up a different pose. Some were quite challenging but I settled into it. I will post four of the later ones as the first ones were pretty iffy!


It was relaxed and I sat next to a lady who hadn’t done life drawing for a while like me. We may meet up again if we both sign up for the next one that has a tutor.

After lunch I took a slow walk to Dunkeld along the river path, I had a present I needed to buy and although I was weary need to keep getting out if I can. Took a picture from the bridge but from the opposite of the road so the bridge was in it!
Walked back even more slowly through the village, had a quick drink and then went to Blairgowrie with Tina to do the grocery shopping. We did get some low fat Greek yoghurt so I can try to make the blueberry bagels again!
Maybe some embroidery this evening.

2 comments:

  1. Even though you weren’t in the mood for it at least you made the effort and went. They’re not bad at all, particularly the last two. Certainly better than the stick men I can draw 😊 Hopefully you’ll meet up with the lady again at the next session.
    The pic from the bridge looks totally different from that perspective. Amazing the difference a few feet makes.
    At least shopping involves using a car, but still a lot of walking around the shop. You should grab one of those motorised trolleys 😊 Now that would be fun especially with Tina running to keep up with you 😂
    I’ll be interested to see how the next, and maybe last batch of bagels turn out. Plus if the have holes 🍩
    Enjoy the rest of your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to get a couple that looked like people, I really don’t draw people although I did do spell of portraits years ago when raising money to go to Ghana.
    It is a good way to go for shopping, no big supermarkets nearby.
    We are stocked up for a bit now.. Tomorrow may be a cooking day as we have blueberries that need using!

    ReplyDelete