Friday, 4 September 2026

Quite morning, unexpectedly busy afternoon

 This morning was very relaxed, I got everything ready for making a crumble later, we had frozen blueberries and some blackberries from the brambles at the back of the garden. I put a few more pieces into the jigsaw and did a sketch.

Last weekend Tina had been a Blair castle and fed the deer with her friends at 2.30pm so she suggested we go today so that I could feed them. We were a little late arriving and the had to walk up hill against a head wind (so strong the closed the woodland walk). Sadly they weren’t feeding them today but we saw them in the distance.
Just realised I didn’t post the photos of the lovely views on the way there.
We had a drink and the had a wander round. It was very cold when we had the drink but the sun came out and it was warmer.




The dog in this next photo appeared to have no owner, some minutes before he arrived.





After leaving we went to Killiecrankie where we made our way to the Soldiers Leap, a challenging walk although not overly long. A lot of steps, some with no rail and occasionally almost a foot high!


Views from the bridge, not of it!







Just as difficult for the hips and knees retracing our steps.



 

After leaving we went to B&Q before coming home. Tina wanted some paint and brushes for the rail near the porch and I got a bargain pineapple plant, half price so £9 including the pot!
I will finish a photo of two fabulous cones from Blair castle.
Forgot the plant!




2 comments:

  1. The sketch is lovely. Luckily you wrote the name on it or wouldn’t have had a clue 😊
    That’s quite a trek only to find they weren’t feeding them! Does sound like you got in quite a few steps……into the wind!
    The views on the way are quite spectacular. I really like the stream too. The green in the scenery shots is beautiful especially when combined with the blue skies. Even just travelling somewhere up there is full of spectacular scenery. I do get really envious of your little escapades 😊
    Soldiers leap was a nice trip too, apart from the knee knackering steps πŸ˜‚ Some great pics tonight I have to say. I can’t believe that soldier managed to leap 18 feet with his kit too!
    Only one plant and no bulbs, you’re definitely getting better 😊
    A great afternoon, but I bet you’re knackered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was quite achy by the time I got home, but some great views again. The walk to the soldier’s leap was definitely a challenge, we were surprised there were no notices saying it was not suitable for the old and decrepit!
    Shame about the deer, but maybe another day.
    Just had very tasty crumble and feeling quite rested now.

    ReplyDelete