This morning I pulled out some drawers from my bedroom chest of drawers that had stuff in, toiletries, stationery, and small boxes of stuff packed when we were moving. The intention was to reduce the ‘stuff’ drawers to two so that I had somewhere for towels etc. That is ongoing but think I will be able to do it.
I went outside to pot some plants I carried home from the garden group yesterday, some London pride and some tall grass. I didn’t have a lot of compost left and nor did I have a pot pig enough for the grass. I did pot the London pride.
I bought some wide, waterproof trainers a while ago but cannot manage to do laces now so Tina suggested getting elastic laces. They came yesterday, I threaded them okay but could not work out the knot thing as an ordinary bow doesn’t hold. Tina did one ant tried to show me but try as I might I could not do it, very frustrating, Darren did the second one!As I needed more pots and compost I suggested we go out, have dinner and got the stuff I need as it meant a trip to Perth. B&Q first, got pots nd some seed trays.
We had lunch at Dobbies and then had a look around. There were some very sorry looking Chinese lanterns but no reduced. There was nobody around but I I saw a member of staff near the checkout and asked her about them. She walked back through the store with me and said I could have one for half price. She told me to tell the lady at the checkout that Pat said I could have it for half price, and did!
We did cal in at a discount shop before coming home. I did a sketch of the rescued Chinese lantern before going out into the garden.
Tina had bought a cheap picture frame to see if it would be suitable fore something she was doing, she needs a different size so she gave it to me. I popped one of my sketches in it.I went out to pot the plants, I couldn’t push the holes through in the big pot so ended up emptying a pot I had to put the grass in. I will need a drill for the new pot!
Potted the Chinese lantern as well. It was the best one there.I ordered a second hand book about making bee houses, it came today and in perfect condition.I needed some milk so went round to the shop. Looks like rain might be in the offing, although it looks brighter out now.I have made my hip more painful than usual doing exercises to make it more flexible!!
Off to Pitlochry tomorrow to have a jab at the cottage hospital.










Quite a full day again. It wears me up just reading about what you’ve done π Storage space is at a premium when you don’t have much space. I have a similar problem. I bought some storage units that hang on the back of a door and have five or six different sections for stuff. I find them good.
ReplyDeleteI know exactly what you mean about the elastic laces. They’re very good, but it took me ages to work out how to use them properly π
Lunch and a trip for gardening stuff sounds like an expensive trip out! Nothing is cheap for gardens these days, unless Pat says you can have it half price π The Chinese lantern doesn’t look too bad, and it made for a nice sketch. I love the sketch in the frame from Tina. It looks great. It really is worth framing things. You just need lots of free wall space!
I’ll look forward to seeing how you get on making a bee house. Bees definitely seem to be a lot scarcer these days.
When the exercises to make things better actually make them worse, it’s a sign you should be living a sedate lifestyle……….never going to happen π
A bitty day, but full as you say.
ReplyDeleteIt is frustrating getting older, can’t reach your feet anymore and exercises that make you feel even older!
Plastic plant pots are cheaper than stone or ceramic but getting more expensive as is everything else.
That Chinese lantern was the best of the bunch,some were half way out of their pots because of the amount of roots.
That sketch does look nice in that frame.
Do feel inspired to make a bee house, some don’t need too many tools.