Monday, 28 September 2026

Group day

 I wasn’t sure about going to both groups today but set off for the garden volunteer group and thought I would decide later. Spent over an hour clearing up leaves off gravel, quite a challenge not to fill the bin with stones! I finished off after the tea break and was offered a lift home which was good. Had some lunch and got changed and decided I would go to knit and natter. Almost turned back as the hip was playing up, but I had left early so had a drink in Corbenic. They have an interesting counter, probably made at the community’s workshops.

They had some fabulous wrapping paper which I would put on the all. I will buy some another day.
On the home the sun was catching the water and I really like this photo.
I forgot to add the photo of a poem written by a man who loves the St Ninian’s garden and appreciates the volunteers that keep it looking nice. He wrote it before I arrived on the scene!
The plaque is in the garden.
My hip was really sore when I was getting dinner, so feet up and only moving when absolutely essential!




2 comments:

  1. At least you made it out for you normal Monday routine. I’m not sure clearing leaves is good for the hips, but then again I suppose a lot of things aren’t. A lift home was really good. Maybe you should have given knit and natter a miss today, but then you’d have missed the beautiful pic of the sun on the water. It’s a great pic.
    I like the counter too. A good use of leftover scraps of wood. Waste not want not. The wrapping paper is very nice too. Almost too good to wrap pressies in!
    That’s a really good poem and also a good bit of pyrography.
    Feet up is the sensible thing to do. Text your housemates if you need anything 😂 Maybe a couple of very easy days are called for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep going to the groups if I can as more people have a chat with me now, little steps and all that. It is also nice to do a bit to help keep the garden inviting, it really is quite a special place. The pyrography was done by the guy who made the benches in the garden. He also has another plaque with his details. They are very nice benches.
    The embroidery is progressing, but will be a while before it is finished. The ladies at the knit and natter really love it!

    ReplyDelete