Tuesday, 1 September 2026

Fairly productive day

 Yesterday evening I got a mail from my friend Judi, now Sister Judi, she has been organising a pilgrimage and there was an article in her local paper. Not the article but will post the photo as she is on the left. It is the 800th anniversary of the Seth of St Francis of Assisi.

This morning Iwent with Tina to drive up to where her friends have been staying. It was about six miles out of Dunkeld in the middle of nowhere. A large house with a very dated interior and with an amazing view.





Loved the out building, feel a sketch coming on!


When we were back in Birnam we had a drink in the arts centre and walked round the Beatrix Potter garden. Not me being silly for once!
They went off for a look round Dunkeld and I came home. William arrived with some plants and some needed potting or putting in the garden so I spent over an hour getting them in.




I worked on the jigsaw for a while this afternoon.
I got two charity shop presents today, one from Lunny and one from Tina.

In between times I have fed all the indoor plants, which means moving them all around, three have new leaves so they must be liking the feed.
I got some new stamp pads today so just tried them out on a butterfly.
Just relaxing now, may do bit of embroidery.

2 comments:

  1. So is Judy fully fledged now? It’s really nice that you two still keep in touch with each other.
    What a lovely house that is, both outside and in. I’d happily stay there, it looks really comfortable. It’s a fantastic view out of that window. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to sit in your lounge and look out over all that? Even the outbuildings are great. You definitely need a sketch of the end of that building with those rickety old steps going up it. It’s crying out to be drawn.
    It definitely does make a change that it’s not you with your head stuck through a hole like that 😂 You’ve done that a few times in the past!
    Looks like a nice selection of plants that William brought round for you. All decent size too. I hope they all take ok.
    I like your presents. Do you get a lot of slugs up there? 🐌😊 The bag is very you too.
    It sounds like the new feeding regime for the plants is working well. You’ll be overrun soon!
    The butterfly looks really nice, so I’m guessing you’re happy with the new pads?
    If you’re relaxing now, it must be the first time today, and you’re still thinking of doing embroidery. Don’t you ever stop? 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Judi still has another step to go, but seems settled and ready.
    I loved the way the house is furnished and the view is something else. I’d be happy to be dropped off there with enough to eat for a few days, it is miles from civilisation! Yes, the end of the outhouse that I will have a go at.
    Hopefully the garden plants will do as well as the indoor ones!
    The presents are fun and yes, I am very pleased with the stamp pads.
    I am doing a bit of embroidery🙂

    ReplyDelete