Garden group this morning, I walked therewithanothervolunteer, so bit quicker that usual! I cleared the are I usually do and swept up leaves, that will be an ongoing job for a while. One of the ladies offered me a lift back, which I gratefully accepted. Had lunch and got changed then sorted out my back to set off again. Only about half a dozen of usage the knit and natter group today. I finished the pink of the dress and will do the dark brown edging details next. Then it will be the wool and working on them mouse features.
I walked back via the river path so took some photos.
I knew Tina and Darren were going for a walk at around four, and I thought I had the house keys in my coat pocket. I didn’t! So sat in the garden for a couple of minutes then it started to spit withering, lucking there was a stool in the shed. Luckily I didn’t have to wait too long.
I have wrapped a couple of presents to be posted this evening, so will get to the post office on the morning. The latest jigsaw has arrived, one that all three of us like. Darren nd I will get started on it tomorrow.
Not a lot of evening left but will do a bit to the embroidery.



Leaf clearing is a job that has to be done over and over this time of year. It’s like King Canute trying to stop the sea. You’ve got more chance of flying to the moon in a helicopter ๐ Nice to get a lift home though. Saved you quite a few steps. At least you get to sit down at knit and natter. You’ll soon be finished the mouse. Good job you have another one in hand.
ReplyDeleteIt is nice by that river. So nice to be able to walk by that on your way to other places. It’s not just the water, it’s the whole scenic thing. Not quite the same when I go to the river in town!
It’s a good job you had an open shed and a seat. Or it could have been a wet standing up job. There’s a lesson to be learned there, put your keys on a chain round your neck ๐ Mind you, you can guarantee that when you took them off for any reason you’d forget to put them back. I certainly would ๐ At least it wasn’t for too long.
That looks a nice jigsaw, and not the simplest! You lot do like a challenge.
Enjoy the rest of your evening.
Not a bad day and not too long being locked out!
ReplyDeleteI need to get another embroidery to do at the group, as I think the new one is very fine and the light at the hall is not good.
I think the jigsaw will be quite tricky, but we all like the image which is good.