Friday, 25 September 2026

Resting the hip

 A quiet day today as the hip is still not happy. I usespd to just top up the water after a few day when I got nice flowers, but the last time couple of times I hve done what is suggested nd taken them all out, changed the water and trimmed the stalks, it does stop them getting so slimy and keeps them fresh for longer. I only had to bin a few and they still look lovely.

I went grocery shopping with Tina and got a pack of three small sketchbooks cheaply, we shopped on 
Aldi. They are A5 and quite thin.
I did a bit on the jigsaw this afternoon, still cheating we have sorted the pieces into C and D boxes!
I have done a quick sketch in one of the books, they will be pen sketches mostly without colour as they are not watercolour paper.
Still taking it easy, want to be okay for the workshop tomorrow,


2 comments:

  1. A quiet day every now and then is a good thing usually, but not so good when forced. Hopefully the hip will feel good enough for you to get to the workshop.
    The flowers do look very nice. They do last a lot longer these days, and even more so if you follow instructions it seems 😊 The downside is that you don’t need new bunches so often.
    They have some good bargains in Aldi. I should go there more often as I usually go to Lidl. It looks ok for the pen sketches, and they’re my favourites 😊 I do like that one.
    That really must be a hard puzzle if you’re STILL cheating 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been quite a good quiet day and doing a bit of embroidery this evening.
    The jigsaw should be finished before too long. I have suggested Darren gets the next one.
    I like doing the pen sketches so that’s good.
    Hopefully I will get to the workshop.

    ReplyDelete