This morning I went to Blairgowrie with Tina, we were going to the charity blueberry picking but called in at The Nest on the way. I got another embroidery, but it is very delicate so I will do this one t home a the light isn’t good as the knitting group. It says esy, okay for complete beginners. I beg to differ those thin bcods in the kit need to be embroidered down, nd gold twine and seed beads It is only 5 inches square.
Then we went to the farm. The owner allows a variety of charities have sessions of taking donations from the public wanting to go and pick blueberries. Tina was going to be a steward to show people where they were allowed to pick and I was given my punnets on a string which was round my neck and went off to pick, I did give a donation. We had a particular row that we could pick from on both sides. But not on the adjacent ones. There were bramble bushes in some places so I ws a bit scratched.And it just did not mix well with the flour. I used extra flour to get them it into six balls, but got completed in ever more sticky mixture. There was no way my finger was going to make hole in the middle, but I did try! So nothing like bagels but we have eaten them, a bit doughy but edible. Maybe I will try again with low fat yogurt As I have plenty of blueberries!
Had a busy spell in the garden with Tina. Should have taken photos. They moved the cars and we set about cutting back the bushes which were getting seriously out of control. There was also ivy coming out from under the bushes and working its way over the ground! I am not sure how long we were out there, but well over an hour and the two empty garden bins re now filled to the top and we had to keep pushing the contents down. Quite enough exercise for my hips and me, so feet up name maybe, or maybe not some embroidery.












You have been busy again, varied tasks too. The new embroidery looks very delicate. I don’t believe it’s for beginners. I’m a beginner and couldn’t do it ๐
ReplyDeleteYou got quite a lot of blueberries. Almost worth getting scratched by brambles and strangled with string! The farm itself looks a nice place. I’d happily live in one of those cottages.
Perhaps the stream was both sides of a road with the pipe as a culvert underneath.
The bagels definitely sounded fun to make, as you say they don’t look like bagels, but as long as they were edible. Maybe try 2 will be much better.
You left the best job until last. No wonder you’re knackered again. It was a good job completed though. You should have got Darren out there to pack the bins for you. I hope the rest of your evening was more relaxing ๐
It was a productive day and I have done a bit of embroidery this evening.
ReplyDeleteI would like to try and make bagels with the recipe, but maybe only one more attempt.
I the blueberry picking seemed very popular and the local WI raided a reasonable amount during their three hour slot.
The bushes needed to be seriously cut back, so it was definitely a job worth doing .