Monday, 21 September 2026

Monday groups and yucca

 I was quite achy today, probably the after effects of Fridays adventure! I set ff along the river path for the garden volunteering but had decided that I would work for an hour and then head home when they stopped tor coffee. Worked sweeping up leaves for an hour and walked back through the village which is a shorter route. The excitement of the morning was as I approached the steps onto the bridge on the way in and saw movement on a large tree. It was two squirrels chasing each other. First time I have seen any when out and about. The other less exciting but interesting thing was the man working on the stonework at the hotel, the renovation of which is hopefully getting near.

I had a rest before heading out again, walking through the village again. The pub in Dunkeld has a lot of flowers outside.
The group was fine, I did a bit more embroidery. I walked back by the river again as I was feeling less achy.  The trees are beginning to turn, should look lovely in a couple of weeks providing the leaves haven’t all dropped!
The bank notes here have great illustrations on the back, here are the £10 and £20 notes.
I have repotted the yucca this evening, let’s hope it is happy.
I have struggled with getting rain cover which is comfortable. I have a lovely warm jacket that Anya bought me but I wanted something compact and loose to have when out and about. This cape is made of eight recycled plastic bottles and is fun. It all came out of the pocket but I doubt I will try and get it back into the pocket! So will finish with the picture.



2 comments:

  1. I suppose the aching was to be expected after your epic trekking adventure! But by the sounds of it you could have come off worse. At least you managed to get most things done today. Were the squirrels you saw red ones?
    The hotel is going to be really nice when it’s finished. I can’t imagine it’ll be a cheap place to stay though.
    I love the pic of the trees and water. I really will look forward to seeing them when the colour turns. The leaves can’t drop it would spoil it ☹️
    They must have guessed you were going up there when they designed the £10 notes 😊
    I’m sure the yucca is more than happy in its new abode. The leaves will be squeaking with joy this evening.
    The cape is a good size. It almost covers you totally. I prefer one you can roll up and stick in your bag just in case, rather than have to wear a coat all the time. You can be the “pacamac” queen now 😊 Do they still make them?
    You should try at least once to get it back into the pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the squirrels were red ones. Haven’t seen any grey ones which is good as we are supposed to report it if we do.
    I think the hotel will be very expensive when it eventually finished. The restoration work must hav cost a fortune.
    I don’t know if yu can still get blast from the past!
    I really like the new pot so fingers crossed the yucca does too!

    ReplyDelete