This morning I went out to clear the boarded bed and put plants and bulbs. That bed had been full,of old and woody herbs but just garden plants now.
I have some ceramic poppy heads that I put on pruned sticks, I was amazed today that two of them have sprouted. Definitely made my day so I am leaving them I smile every time I think of them.I did get some bulbs planted but the bending today was making my hip really hurt so didn’t get as much done as I had hopedThe Virginia creeper is getting redder, hopefully by next autumn it will be all over the wall.The jigsaw is now half done, the pieces are marked on the back, A,B,C and D and we resorted to finding all the C pieces to finish the bottom quarter!Although my hip was really painful I decided that a walk might help as the bending certainly didn’t. But sadly the hip just got worse so I had a drink in Dunkeld and walked back very slowly and painfully and have just rested since getting home. It is a little easier so fingers crossed it is going to settle.I will finish with some pictures I took while I was out.









Quite a transformation to that bed with todays efforts. It’s a shame it has made your hip hurt though. Hope it does settle ok this evening.
ReplyDeleteSee, you’re so good at gardening even sticks come to life. They actually look quite healthy ๐ You can always finish off the bulbs another day. No point in over doing it.
The creeper does like nice, especially against that while wall.
I can’t believe you cheated with the jigsaw! Scandalous! It has been a bit of a hard one though.
The hotel is definitely coming on. I wonder how much money has gone into refurbishing that?
Enjoy a restful evening and hopefully you’ll be raring to go again tomorrow ๐
The garden is taking shape, I am hopeful that what I have done so far will be maintainable and not get to overgrown. There are some more areas to work on, but I will take it slowly as the body soon tells me when I have done too much! I couldn’t believe my eyes when the sticks had sprouted, makes them look good.
ReplyDeleteI will rest up and hope the hip decides to calm down!