Tuesday, 22 September 2026

Blairgowrie and plants!

 Tina had an appointment in Blairgowrie and I went for the drive and an hour to wander around. Blairgowrie is on a hill, of course, so I made my way down to the river and had a short walk along. A beautiful day and some lovely photos.






I thin walked back up the town, calling in a couple of shops nd buying some charity Christmas cards. Need to save up for the stamps now!
I had the challenge of watering the plants and two or three really need repotting. They are getting big and want to get bigger! It has made me think I may have to part with some, making too good a job of growing them! I will have a rethink, maybe I could rearrange the bedroom and fit a couple in, but it is pretty crammed in there. I have one plant which has been inter now for a couple of years, it has never been a really happy plant and I have had it about eight years. Today I decided it was time to consign it to the bin but when I removed it there were a couple of new shoots appearing spit had been reprieved!
I wrote a couple of letters and went to post them and collected the garden bins on the way back. Then I cleared a pile of branches that Tina hd lopped last week but the bins were full. They are nearly full gain and they are emptied fortnightly!
May try and do a bit of gardening tomorrow, wether permitting, there is a possibility of rain.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely worth the trip today as you have some great photos tonight. It’s a beautiful place. I’m looking forward to seeing all these places you photograph when the leaves start to turn brown. You should have more fantastic pics then.
    I know what you mean about saving up for stamps. They’re a silly price now. You have far too many friends. You should be like me and only have a couple, it’s cheaper ๐Ÿ˜Š
    It would be a shame if you got rid of some of your plants. You couldn’t even throw one away today, it got a reprieve. They suit your room. Get rid of furniture it makes more sense ๐Ÿ™‚
    You seem to have nearly as much garden waste up there as you did in that enormous garden in Hornsea. Seems like you’re going to be making even more tomorrow if it stays dry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was glad I went with Tina, beautiful river and a nice little town. I am still finding hill climbing hard work!
    I want to repot the plants that are ready to grow bigger, it is quandary I will have to think through.
    I think there is already another pile of stuff ready for the bins and that’s before I get started!

    ReplyDelete