The problem with blueberry picking is needing to do something with them. We also bought butternut squash sweet potato and carrots when we went shopping so soup to make as well. We had also bought some low fat Greek yogurt to try the making the blueberry bagels again. The second and last time as far as I am concerned! Slightly less sticky this time and although I attempted to make the holes they closed anyway!
I made to soup this morning as well and bagged it after lunch.Had a couple of hours doing crosswords and embroidery then got on with dinner and of course blueberry crumble!This eveningI went to Birnam Arts and joined the Film Society. They show some unusual films, this evening was Finis Terrae, a French silent movie made in 1929. It had been restored so was very watchable and two live musicians who had written a score to accompany the film played it live while we watched. It was pretty loud so I had to take my hearing aids out. It was a story of seaweed collectors who had spells on an island with just four of them there, very interesting. Next month it is a modern film, I
Swear, about a man with Tourette’s Syndrome, that that should be good.


You’ll be sick of blueberries soon ๐ We’ll the non bagels actually look very nice. Blueberries in some porridge for breakfast?
ReplyDeleteI’ve not made soup for a very long time. Butternut squash is perfect for it, assuming you don’t lose any fingers peeling it! I never think of bagging stuff like that, but if they’re strong enough it’s easier than finding enough containers.
Your film night sounded really good. A proper silent film with live musical accompaniment is great. Very different, albeit loud! I’ve heard your next film Swear. I’m guessing it’ll be pretty good. Something to look forward to.
All you need now is a good nights sleep to finish the day off. Hopefully you won’t dream about blueberries ๐
They are proper soup bags, the have a wide base so they stand easily. I have just put these in the fridge as they will be used this week, but they are freezer bags
ReplyDeleteStill some blueberries left from my pick, but we had more in the freezer from when Tina went picking.
The film was good, not lots of sub titles but they were in French nd English.the musicians were very good nd st either side of the screen so that they could watch to company it won’t enright music at the right times!
Hopefully won’t dream of blueberries.