Tuesday, 6 October 2026

Lovely evening outing

 Yesterday evening I worked on the jigsaw and again for a little while this morning, soon be finished I think.

The begonia with the large leaves has flowered.

The bonsai trees are about to lose their leaves for this year, hopefully they will survive a Scottish winter.
A few days ago we covered the flower bed under the hedge as the men were coming to cut the hedge back. They came today so will be able to move the fleece now. The hedge had got very high so it being cut back will men more light comes into my room which will benefit the plants.
Went out with Darren this afternoon as he wanted some storage boxes and I wanted canes and a reed screen to make a start on a bee house. Darren got some storage boxes, the best I could get were these bendy canes!
Tina is feeling a bit better so suggested we went out for a bit. We took stools and I had a sketch book, Tina took a book. We went to a loch that is off the beaten track and were there alone. I had been there once before and really liked the little abandoned hut and wanted to draw it. This time I did, it was a lovely evening and I enjoyed sketching and then a short walk along the loch.








We caught up with Throw down when we got in, now it’s feet up and blog.

2 comments:

  1. Not a bad day by the sounds of it. From puzzling to sketching, with a few bits in between 😊
    The puzzle has come on well. You’ll soon be onto the next one.
    The leaves on begonias are lovely. Great colours, especially with a bit of sunlight behind them. I do hope you don’t lose any bonsai over the winter. It’ll be a bit colder up there than what they’ve been used to.
    That is a big old hedge. Looks like they’ve made a really good job of trimming it. The plants will flourish even more in your room now 😊
    I’m looking forward to seeing the bee house once you get all the building materials you need.
    Glad to hear Tina is feeling a little better. A bit of fresh air will have done her good. You’re so lucky to be able to go to a place like that and be alone. It’s a great way to spend a bit of the evening. It looks so beautiful in those pics.
    I do like the sketch. It looks a great little building.
    Hopefully you’ll sleep well tonight to finish off a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a good day and I forgot to mention having my toe nails cut!
    Getting my supplies for the bee house is proving harder than I expected, but no real rush.
    The loch is very peaceful and nice that it was so quiet. Was happynto be drawing a building, that little hut has character!

    ReplyDelete