Thursday, 1 October 2026

This and that

 I pottered about in the house for a while then went out and did a bit of clearing in the garden. The small sunflower is no beginning to open.

I tidied up the pots near Tina’s office door then came round to the side of the bungalow. There was a spider making a web at the two stalks at the back of the picture. They needed to come down so I moved it, quite a tiny spider, onto one of the bonsai trees.

I stopped when it began to rain and went in to get lunch. Tina has been feeling quite unwell today.
After lunch I went round to the church as a sing along group today was cancelled as the lady who runs it was unwell. I went to be in the church in case anybody ne had not been told that it was cancelled. Just before two a lady did arrive, she had walked from the other end of Dunkeld. She said she would go to the cafe for a coffee and I joined her. We had a good chat and then she was ready for her walk back.
Tina sent for three jigsaws from eBay and they arrived today. 
Darren wants us to do the middle one first.
I had some packages arrive today. A decorative bucket to make into a bee house and some water gauges for the house plants. Not convinced they work, but time will tell!
The Traitors starts tonight, best go and make a cuppa!



2 comments:

  1. The sunflower looks really nice. They’re flowers to smile at 😊
    You’re a spider wrangler as well as a gardener now. Hopeful it’ll make its web there 🤞
    We’ve not had any rain here today. It’s been a nice day really. I hope Tina is feeling a bit better this evening? The sing a long lady ill as well. Maybe it’s something going around up there. At least you got to spend time with that lady. The two of you could have had a sing a long together 😊
    Looks like you’re ok for jigsaws for a while. Ebay is a good idea if you can get them cheap. You could always resell them afterwards.
    A bee house from a bucket sounds good. I’ll look forward to that. I do hope the gauges work as it’d make the watering easier and more precise for the ones in big pots.
    Enjoy Traitors😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Short reply as I can’t stop yawning.
    Tina is still feeling pretty poorly.
    I think the plants are overwaters now and the gauge is suggesting they are still thirsty!
    Traitors was good.

    ReplyDelete