Sunday, 4 October 2026

Nothing doing!

 A very user day today, bit of pottering and household stuff. We did  fair bit to the jigsaw.

When I went out to the bin another tiny spider hd made a web attached to the shed and not likely to be there long before somebody walks through it. It was just about to secure  fly when I passed!
We have a lot of recipe books, well, not nearly as many s we did have, but still enough, and not one had a recipe for bread and butter pudding, so internet it was! Didn’t follow the recipe faithfully but it tasted okay!
Watched an episode of Throw Down with Tina and watched a bit of the Traitors again with her as she is feeling a bit better today and catching up with tv.
Strictly results tonight so that will be interesting.
I will finish with two colleges curtesy of Google photos, one five years gao when Tina and I had a couple of days in Scarborough. The other one six years go with memories of being by the sea!


2 comments:

  1. I was going to have a quietish day at home today, but it didn’t turn out that way in the end as I went for a walk in the sunshine.
    The puzzle is coming on in leaps and bounds. Good job you have a couple in reserve as I doubt that one will take much longer.
    Spiders must get fed up with their webs getting destroyed, accidentally or not. But they just get back to it and start again. I suppose if they want to eat they don’t have much choice.
    I can’t remember the last time I used a recipe book. I do stuff like sausage and mash and the simple stuff. I don’t have to think too much then. I really should make the effort and cook properly occasionally. Not had bread and butter pudding for years. I do love it though. Hardly seems worth the effort for one. I don’t imagine a bought one would taste the same.
    Glad to hear Tina is feeling a bit better now. Hope she didn’t pass any germs onto you 🤞
    Google comes up with some good memories. It quite surprises me at times.
    Enjoy the result show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes a quiet day is good, I didn’t seem to have much get up and today.
    As you say, the spiders just start making their amazing webs when one gets broken.
    Quit an enjoyable jigsaw, good to have spares waiting on the wings.
    We need to get some grocery shopping done soon, hopefully Tina or Darren will feel well enough to drive to Perth soon.

    ReplyDelete