Saturday, 5 September 2026

Great talk and workshop

 A fairly quiet morning, a load of washing, bit of jigsaw, wrote a letter and did a sketch. That was y plan when I picked up the lovely cones yesterday. Like a challenge!

We had an early lunch as we needed to be at the Loch of the Lowes by 12.30 pm.we listened to a fascinating talk about bees, he was a brilliant speaker and rested behaviours to our own, he was funny too. I bought some seeds and a book, and nave ordered one on making bee houses published by Haynes! Also go an identification sheet.
We had a drink before doing the workshop and watched this pheasant waiting for the seed to drop.
The we had a go at making a willow fat ball holder.



Very therapeutic to do, we both really enjoyed it.
We have had the family call and dinner, now a restful evening and maybe some embroidery!

2 comments:

  1. That’s a great sketch? They almost look real. When I saw them last night I thought they may end up modelling 😊
    I’m pleased you both got to do the workshop in the end. It sounds like it was a very good one too. I probably would have enjoyed the talk myself as I think bees are fascinating things. The days when Haynes only did car repair manuals is long gone 😂
    I think both your willow weaving efforts are equally as good and I know they’ll find a permanent place in the garden.
    A lovely afternoon and a restful evening. All days should be like that 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pleased with the sketch of the cones, they just called out to be noticed and the nicest cones ever.
    A very enjoyable and relaxed talk and workshop, informative and fun, great combination.
    It made me smile when Haynes was the publisher of a bee hotel book!

    ReplyDelete